Monday, April 30, 2012

Joys and Woes of Quarters

It's days like today that I really hate college quarter system. Now, before I go on my rant as to why I don't like quarter system, I'm gonna start with what I like about quarter system. I like that if I don't like a class, I only have it for 10 weeks. I like that it allows for super long breaks (i.e., a month at Christmas) I like that I get to take three chunks of classes each year instead of just two. I like that my school is a whole heck of a lot cheaper than other schools. Granted, it doesn't pertain strictly to quarter system, but it is a nice plus anyway.

On to what I don't like. I don't like that I start and end a month after everyone else. When all of my other college friends are starting school in August, I don't start until September. And when they are going away to school, that means they leave. And when they are all taking their finals in the spring, I've still got another week until I have to worry about midterms, then another  few weeks before finals. So while everyone will be coming home within the next week or so (YAY!!) I won't be able to do much with them because I still have homework.

I guess this entire post sums up my thoughts about college. It has it's pros and cons, but it's not anything super spectacular nor dismal. It's just another stage in this process called "growing up" and today, I'm not a huge fan of it.

Hebrews 12:1-2a NIV
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders, and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment