Monday, May 14, 2012

Mom

This morning, I was about to write another annoying post about how much I'm over school and how ready for summer I am, but then I realized that my last three posts were along those lines. So I need to switch it up. Then I thought, why not dedicate a post to my mother?

Yesterday was Mother's day, and I absolutely love my mom. We had a little bit of an unplanned mother/daughter date. After Church, we went to lunch (as we do) with a couple other families. When that was done, we decided to join them in seeing the Avengers. I don't think that was my mom's favorite part of the day,  but she still enjoyed it...I think. From there we went to Target where she felt the need to find a chick flick to make up for watching such an action movie. I found it humorous. And then we went and got fro-yo. We like fro-yo.

The only downside to the day was that my dad couldn't go, due to not feeling well. But in all, it was a wonderful day. I love spending time with my mom. We don't get to hang out and spend the day together too often, so when we do, I treasure it. A mom's job is so often overlooked and thankless, and yet it borderlines being a superpower. So here is a shout out to my mom and all moms everywhere: You guys are awesome! You're truly are amazing for everything that you do, and for being so selfless. You are the BEST!

Proverbs 31:28-29 ESV
Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Most women have done excellently, but you surpass them all".

No comments:

Post a Comment