Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mourning Into Gladness

Sometimes, we have days that are just hard. Seven days ago, a friend of mine passed away. He was one of the truest, most genuine, godly young men I've ever met in my life. He always had a smile on his face, despite everything he had to deal with and he could always boost anyone's day. I don't know of a single person who didn't get along with him. Everyone should have a friend like him.

He had been battling pain, medications, and treatments and visiting doctors and hospitals for quite some time. But not anymore. Now, he is in the presence of his Savior. Pain-free. With all the joy he could possibly imagine and then some. No more worries. It brings a smile to my face when I imagine him worshipping his King.

Tomorrow is the celebration of life for this young man, and I ask that you join me in prayer for his family, girlfriend, and close friends. It's going to be tough, and I know that they all appreciate prayers for comfort right now. Despite the sadness we feel now, we rejoice in the knowledge that we will see him again.

Jeremiah 31:13b NIV
I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment