Tuesday, April 24, 2012

One of Those Days

Today is shaping up to be one of "those days". You know what I'm talking about. The ones where Murphey's Law hits and everything just doesn't seem to go right. It's only 8:30 and I feel like my day has been awful. So, I stopped by the Starbucks on campus to boost my morning. Yeah. Instead of ordering a hot drink, without even thinking, I got a cold drink. Not what I wanted, and my day wasn't exactly boosted.

Now. I have two options here: I could either continue in my sulky-ness and allow my day to carry on in this less-than-ideal manner, or I can get over what has already happened and work to fix the rest of the day. I think I'm going to try for the latter. Shoot, even just writing this is making it a little bit better: I've acknowledged that things aren't right and recognized the fact that I can change my attitude and try to fix it. So, as of right now, the score stands Bad Day: 1, Me: 1.

So in an effort to make the most of the day, I hereby declare myself fully awake, upbeat, and positive! Here's hoping the rest of me catches up with my thought process. ;)

Exodus 15:2 ESV
"The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."

No comments:

Post a Comment