Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good Day

Don't you love it when you just have a really, really good day? I certainly do!! Especially when I would classify most of my days as merely mediocre. Average. But today, well, today was a good day. Something about being productive is just so...so...gosh. I don't know. Just so great. Instead of sitting around watching several episodes of one of the many TV shows I'm following, I actually did things today. A little bit of housework, a little bit of baking (I wanted to do more, but a lack of supplies nixed that), and a little bit of writing, and hanging out with some awesome Junior Highers.

Today was a Wednesday, which means youth group. I help out with the Junior Highers at my church and tonight, we played charades. Watching  them try to act out things such as "sack cloth and ashes" was one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen. I was quite impressed with their endeavors, I'm not gonna lie. It was...wonderful.

Also tonight, we sang one of my FAVORITE songs: Jesus, Thank You. If you aren't familiar with this song, the chorus goes: Your blood has washed away my sin/Jesus, thank you/The Father's wrath completely satisfied/Jesus, thank you/Once your enemy now seated at your table/Jesus, thank you. I love this song. It's all about what Christ did for us and how our natural response should be to thank Him. It's such a great reminder and it's a little convicting at the same time. I love it.

So, I don't know about you, but to me, today was a GOOD day.

Hebrews 12:28 NIV
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe...

No comments:

Post a Comment