Saturday, June 14, 2014

Breaths of Freedom

*inhale* *exhale* Those are breaths of freedom. Yes, I made it through my junior year of college. EEP!! That makes me a senior. *PANIC* ...
This quarter was a lot, but I made it. And I think I did fairly well. Not as spectacularly as I could have, I'm sure, but well. I have one class that I know I got an A in...due to his weighted grading system, it will probably be a B, but I earned an A, and I feel pretty good about my other three classes. This is so encouraging in comparison to some other quarters I've had.

But on to more important things. SUMMER.

I suddenly find myself with free time. Genuine free time. No papers. No mandatory blog posts. Reading for fun. Oh my goodness. I nearly forgot what reading for fun was! In my excitement, I bought nine (yes, nine) new books over the last two weeks. I'm so jazzed! I now get a few days to mill lazily around the house before I go back to Iowa for the summer. (Where I think I have a job lined up! BLESSINGS.) I'm so excited to get to see the fam-bam, and hopefully there will be more hanging out this year than last year.

I have so much to be thankful for and excited about. I'm taking time to appreciate that, while trying to recover from the extreme exhaustion this quarter caused. So if you don't mind, I'm off to take a nap, then sit down with a book for who knows how long.

Happy Summer, Friends!!

Isaiah 30:18 ESV
Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment