Sunday, April 6, 2014

Oh Boy...


I finished my first week of this quarter and have come to the conclusion that I will have next to no free time during the next 10 weeks. This quarter is going to be incredibly time-consuming and project-laden, and it will require no small amount of effort. I'm attempting my first online class, maintaining a second blog* as part of a quarter-long project, and reading. Endless reading. My book stack for school stands 17 novels high, and while some of them are simple reads (The Hunger Games, The Kite Runner, and The Catcher in the Rye), some of them are not so simple (The Odyssey, Gulliver's Travels, and Heart of Darkness). I've had two days of classes thus far and I've finished one of the books on my reading list; my goal is to finish two more this week. So we'll see how that goes.

I'm hoping that I manage to stay on top of everything and not get too overwhelmed with my schedule, because this has the potential to be a really good, really interesting quarter. But while I sit here writing this, I am shaking in my metaphorical boots with the worry that is ebbing around the periphery of my mind. My fragile wall of confidence will not withstand any cracks, and if I get behind on even one assignment, my state of mental sanity will collapse like the walls of Jericho. I know this. God knows this. Making it through this quarter will be nothing short of a miracle. If I hold up to my end, God will hold up to His. Therefore I'm committing here and now, publicly, to be The Little Engine That Could. In the past I've complained that being productive is exhausting, because (let's face it) it is. But that will merely be a hurdle. A hurdle is an obstacle meant to be completely cleared, not lingered on.

So this is me. Taking off running, clearing hurdles, armed with highlighters, lists, and prayer.


Philippians 4:6-7 ESV
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

*If you are just dying to read about my class and the news (etc.), you can follow my school blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment