Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yay! Books!

I've finished my first book of the new year! Hurray! I didn't start it this year though...does it still count? I think it does. I read The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien, because I decided that I should finally get around to reading the Lord of the Rings books. I'm not gonna lie; I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was accused of being "nerdy" for reading it. I got a high five for reading it. There were a handful of quotes from it that I thought were absolutely hysterical. As in, I would be reading in the car and start laughing. My mom gave me weird looks.

Two of my favorite quotes were, "It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him." and "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." I don't know why I was so taken with the first one, but I was and I liked the second one because of the truth that it holds. We are at a place where we forget how important and wonderful the little things are and we take them for granted. The second quote hit a chord and really made me think about things. It was awesome.

So now I can be on my way to actually starting the trilogy, but I've taken a slight detour to read the first book in the Percy Jackson series. I'm not sure if I'm planning on reading all of those before continuing with my hobbit friends or if I'm just going to read the first one right now. Eh. I'll figure it out. I just like reading. =D

Psalm 16:1 ESV
Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment