Friday, January 6, 2012

Contentment

There's just something about sunny weather that makes me happy. It's January, and I am absolutely comfortable walking around in a tee shirt. For some reason, the weather today showed me that I am content. I can't honestly say that I'm content a good portion of the time. No, there is almost always something that I find making me not content. But today, it's real. Genuine. I am perfectly content because I know that I am so blessed. God is so good! He allows the sun to rise every morning. He allows me to take my every breath. He has given me more than I need to survive, even though I've done absolutely nothing to deserve it. He continues to bless me each and every day. God never "forgets" to do anything. His faithfulness to us is astounding. And because of that, I can sit here. Perfectly content.

Psalm 13: 5-6 ESV
But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment