Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Procrastinating

So, I'm gonna let y'all know that I'm blogging right now because I don't want to write a paper that's due tomorrow. Yes. I'm procrastinating writing one thing by writing another thing...I often do the same with books....what does that say about me? Hm.

Anyway, I'm taking this linguistics class this quarter, and I have never felt more out of place in a class than I do in there--Math classes included; that's saying something. Linguistics is so not my area of expertise. Nearly everyone else in that class is totally comfortable with the subject and even excited about it. And here I sit, completely horrified because I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm supposed to be writing this analysis on...something. I don't even know what I'm looking for, let alone how to articulate it and discuss it's importance. What do I do? Where do I start? Help!!

Wait...I'm having one of those "aha" moments. Maybe this is going to be my lesson for 2014. Last year was all about learning experiences. Is this one going to be about doing things that scare me? Jumping in head first? Yikes. That sounds terrifying. And yet, it's not something I have much experience with. I like my safe little box in which I am comfortable and understand things. I like this little box almost as much as I like lists.

Man. I hate these epiphanies because now I have to respond to it. I can't just sit and pretend that it didn't occur (as much as I might like to). *sigh* Well, alright. Here goes, I guess. Here's to jumping in and finding my way as I go.

2 Corinthians 12:9a ESV
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 





No comments:

Post a Comment