Friday, May 31, 2013

Another Learning Experience

I felt like sharing a little something that I have found rather exciting. But, it doesn't start off that way, so I'll just give you the quick, watered-down version.

This quarter I've been taking French 103, and it has been a whole different ball game than French 101 and 102. In short, it has sucked beyond belief. Until recently, I thought I was for sure going to fail the class, but in a surprising turn of events, I have discovered that I might actually pass! Not do well, but pass. (My professor doesn't put any grades online and hasn't given us grades for everything that we've done; therein lies the uncertainty.) And at this point, that's all I can really ask for. I have two days left of class and then the final...on one of those two days, I have a midterm. Yeah. It's weird. I know. My professor just does things like that. The good side is, half of said midterm was covered on a test we just took. Yay! It may not sound like much, but to me, it is crazy exciting.

Also this quarter, I've been taking Biology, Shakespeare, and a Fiction Analysis class. Biology isn't my thing, Shakespeare is, well, Shakespeare, and my Fiction class has been filled with books and movies that I personally don't think are all that great. It's been a rough nine weeks, to say the least, and I wish I could say that I've maintained a cool head and positive attitude the whole time, but that would be a lie. Yet as bad as this quarter has been, it's been a wonderful learning experience. It has basically been a nine week reminder course that I need to keep my trust in God, constantly. It is only by His grace that I can do anything, and I NEED Him. Always. It's been a wonderful lesson, full of opportunities to put it into practice. And for that, I am thankful.

While I've always know that it is true and can be encouraging, I've come to view Philippians 4:13 as one of those fail safe "Sunday School Answers" that you say because you can never go wrong with it, but this quarter I've seen just how marvelous a truth it really is.

Philippians 4.13 NIV
I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

1 comment:

  1. You so totally rock, girlfriend. I love your heart. Yay for passing!!!

    ReplyDelete